Applynano Solutions is a technology-based company born at the University of Alicante in 2015, offering its customers innovative industrial solutions to improve their products.
These solutions include incorporating nanotechnology into their products directly to add new features and get an added value.
Within this field, our work covers different types of nanomaterials, focusing on those derived from carbon such as nanotubes or nanofibers and mainly graphene.
In addition, we have the means of handling, processing and analysis to these materials.
The R&D team has gained broad experience in nanomaterials (graphene, carbon nanotubes, nanofibers and nanoclays) over the last 13 years:
- Production: in-house graphene oxide production facility.
- Know-how: We have broad experience in handling nanomaterials, particularly with respect to incorporation into polymer matrices (thermoplastics and thermosets), in addition to first-class polymer blending facilities.
- Characterisation: our scientific background is highlighted by our experience in the characterisation of nanomaterials and nanomaterial-based products. We are experienced in techniques including Raman spectroscopy, FTIR, XPS, XRD, electron microscopy and coupled TGA-MS.
The team at Applynano, led by Prof. Ignacio Martin-Gullon, is multi-disciplinary, with professionals from several sectors, with complementary specialities.
- Research and development in carbon nanomaterials and composites
- Spanish and international project management
- Industrial design
- Commercial management
We offer an integrated service for assuring success in the development of new applications and the supply of industrially-produced graphene.
Ignacio Martín Gullón
Chief Scientific Advisor
BSc in Chemistry (1989) and PhD in Chemical Engineering (1995): currently a full professor in the Chemical Engineering Department at the University of Alicante (Spain). Previously, Research Associate at the University of Kentucky-Center for Applied Energy Research, and R&D Engineer in NORIT Nederland BV (Amersfoort, Netherlands). Prof. Martin-Gullon has led the carbon nanomaterials group at the University of Alicante since 2003, participating in numerous Spanish and international projects, mainly with private-sector funding.
Iluminada Rodríguez Pastor
Chief Operating Officer
BSc. & PhD in Chemical Engineering at the University of Alicante (2014): Dr. Rodriguez-Pastor completed her PhD Thesis on the optimisation of production processes and the structural characterisation of graphene oxide when using different raw materials and physical-chemical methods. She has also participated in research projects on the development of nanocomposites via in-situ polymerisation for high-performance engineering polymers, in cooperation with the petrochemical industry.
Gloria Ramos Fernández
BSc in Chemical Engineering at the University of Granada (2010), MSc in Material Science at the University of Alicante (2012): Gloria’s work and expertise is based on the industrial scaling-up of graphene oxide and the development of new applications for graphene in energy storage and structural carbon fibre composites.